Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Look - Up In The Sky...

I just got back from seeing Superman Returns.
(I know it came out last week, but with my schedule, it's the first time I've been able to see it.)
I expressed my concerns earlier, in this post.
I had nothing to worry about.

That movie was everything I hoped it would be and more.

I watched the original movies the other day- just 1 & 2 because we've already established that I don't believe there were any made after that. You don't have to see those movies to appreciate this one, although you'll enjoy the little nods and slight references to the previous flicks, which makes this films story stand out way above the previous two.

I won't go into detail, because there are probably some people who haven't seen it yet, but I found the story to be quite engaging and the visuals were just stunning. It is a beautiful movie. (I'm a guy, we don't throw the word "beautiful" around a lot, but in this case, it's worth it.)

I felt like a kid again - amazed that a man could fly.

I wanted to rip open my shirt and leap towards the car.
(I just barely restrained myself.)

DVD will not come soon enough.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment