Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lapsed Itinerary.

I get frustrated when things don't go as planned.

When I'm obligated to be at a social event at a certain time and place, it annoys me when I arrive and nothing is ready and things aren't organized. It seems obvious that I could have spent the last half hour sitting on my ass instead of rushing to get ready for nothing. If it's not ready now, why did you tell me to be here?
I must admit, it pisses me off, and it shows. My usual pleasant demeanour comes crashing down, and I start to act like ...well, like an asshole.

I'll admit, in hindsight, I was a dick tonight.
I don't think it was overly obvious to everyone, but I wasn't pleasant.

What's the point of respecting other peoples effort and time if it seems that they don't respect yours? I go to the trouble of getting there on time, and then some people have the audacity to show up late? I'm talking major late - I could care less about fifteen minutes or so. Arggghhh. It drives me nuts.

Was I an ass? Kinda.
Was it justified? Maybe.
At least this fucking post is on time.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment