Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Audio Slave.

(Or - What I'm Listening to Right Now, Volume 253.)

There's a bunch of new stuff that I'm listening to right now.

Some of it is new; some is just new to me.
The Sidekick is either going to take credit for the good stuff, or shake his head at the stuff he thinks is shit. But since the rest of you aren't elitist musical snobs, I thought you'd like to hear some of the tunes that are damaging my eardrums right now.

  • Keane - Under the Iron Sea: I know the Sidekick is going to hate this. But you know, it's got this great melodic sound to it. Complete chill out music. What can I say? I'm a sucker for British music at times.
  • The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers: I'll give credit where it's due. This album is fantastic. Covers every type of sound you could ask for. I wasn't the hugest Jack White fan, but in this band, it all comes together. Yes, the Sidekick did point this out, but it's so good I would have found it anyway.
  • Sam Roberts - Chemical City: Some shmuck posted about this album ages ago, but it just took me a while to get around to listening to it. It's nothing like their first album, but you can clearly hear the evolution of the sound. Lyrically, it's leaps and bounds above the previous album.
  • Foo Fighters: No particular album, it's just that they have made their way back to my playlist. Lots from In Your Honor, but the back catalog is starting to come out...
  • Spin Doctors - Nice Talking to Me: Yeah, I think I mentioned this album before, but it's just growing on me. If Keane = Valium, then Spin Doctors = Caffeine. Stumbling upon this album was a great thing.
  • Pearl Jam: I haven't stopped listening to these guys since we went to the concert. I think I'm trying to catch up on fifteen years of missed music.
  • Stone Temple Pilots: I just got them back on my radar. Loving anything acoustic by them, or even if it's Weiland doing a cover in front of Velvet Revolver. I could listen to Purple all day long and not get tired.
That's about it right now.
I'm grooving on some Beck as I write this, but we'll see if it makes it back into heavy rotation.

So what are you listening to?
Is there something I'm missing?
I know Hairpiece will tell me I should be listening to the newest beats by Busta Rhymes, but next to that, what can anyone suggest?

Later.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have too much to argue with in your list, but your right not he Biggest Keane fan. I can't suggest the new Pearl Jam album strong enogh. I will have to make you a copy when I get home. That album is in heavy rotation. You forgot WolfMother by the way. Unfortunalty there is not much new stuff worth talkin about right now. With mentioning The Racanteurs and WolfMother and the new Sam Roberts album, and the always entertianing Pearl Jam you have covered it. But you asked what has been on the "playlist' so to speak lately? well now...

    You can never go wrong with:
    The VelvetUnderground album Loaded- It was out of rotaion for awhile but has found it's way back in recently

    Bob Dylan Desire- Shut up with your he can sing bullshit..this album is cool

    The Chilli Peppers- Stadium Arcadium- I can do without the Dani Califonia song but the rest is good.

    I realize I could go on for awhile here..Blue Rodeo, System, rage, Jack Johnson, Bob Marley hve all been at the forfront of the listing pleasures this week..I should just make you a damn cd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Spin Doctors? I may actually buy this album. Thanks, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:22 pm

    Err? Spice Girls?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Spice Girls"?

    Do they speak English in What?

    ReplyDelete