Sunday, June 11, 2006

Geek History.

Everything old is new again.

So I was looking for stuff to sell at the Garage Sale, and came across my old N64. I still had it all, cables and controllers and even some of the games. I was thinking of selling it, but was persuaded not to. I thought it would be great to hook up to the other television, that way I get to play more X-Box on the big T.V. in the living room. (You must remember, X-Box is the more manly of the gaming systems, and I'm all man for sure.)

So I hooked it up, and gave it a test run. I plugged in Mario-Kart 64 and the next thing I knew, 3 races and 15 minutes had gone by. It's like it was 1996 all over again. I forgot just how fun some of those older games were. And Jesus, it's just Mario, it's not like it has to be graphically superior or anything. (It must be hard for game programmers to make a swarthy Italian look good.) And the fact that this guy is always chasing Peach around? (Tell me that's not hinting at something more.) It's not a game, it's a metaphor for life.

You know, I would type more, but I think I have to go win the Mushroom Cup one more time....

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:12 pm

    If only you had the super nintendo. I swear, Donkey Kond Country (an original super nintendo game)is the best video game ever made. With controllers covered in old popcorn grease from dirty kids who stayed up all night bonding through technology and the classic blow-in-frantically-to-make-function reciever, that system is classic. What memories...

    ReplyDelete