Monday, June 12, 2006

Back To The Grind.

Last Day of my holidays.

I didn't go anywhere and I didn't do much, but it's still a bit of a downer to have to go back to work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but I could get used to having time to do what I want anytime I want to do it. (It's not unlimited time though, I do have kids.)

The funny thing about these holidays was that once they started, I had a hard time getting off my ass and doing anything. But as the days ran into one another and things started to happen, I found myself moving at a breakneck speed and all of a sudden I'm multitasking four different things yesterday. ( Cleaned Garage, Fertilized Lawn, Ran Garage Sale, & Dropped stuff off at the Thrift Store.) That's all well and good, but it means that I'm operating at peak efficiency just in time to go back to work. Is that the way it's supposed to happen? Just doesn't seem right to me.

Going back to work after holidays is always a frustrating experience, and it doesn't matter who you are or what line of work you are in. The person who covers for you while you are gone isn't you, and there is no way in hell they are going to have everything just the way you like it. I've been in management almost as long as I've been working, and there hasn't been a time yet that it's been perfect. (The Sidekick really tried when I worked with him, he's about the closest it ever got. At least he was smart and would have a Timmy's coffee waiting on my first day back.)

So as I go to work tomorrow I will be glad to be back into my routine, apprehensive about what I'm going back to, and just a bit sad that I'm going to miss my afternoon nap every day. ( I was quite enjoying those.) I can't begrudge my holidays, things got accomplished, I got to golf, I started my base tan, (God, it burns! I'm as red as a baboon's ass.) and when it peels I get all those lovely questions from customers.

It'll be great.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment