Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pay It Forward.

Yes I know I'm referencing a slightly cheesy movie, in fact it's on T.V right now.

I know that "Paying It Forward" is a great concept, but in truth, I don't think it's a very viable one. I mean, most people aren't that altruistic to begin with, so getting them to do something nice for other people is a bit of a stretch.

I think the best way you can get people to do nice things is to thank them for what they've done already. I don't think that enough people take the time to just say "Thank You" and sincerely mean it. Be it to your Waitress, your Hair Stylist, or even your friendly Dairy Guy, everyone likes to be thanked. It doesn't take that much time, and it costs you nothing but a moment.

I'll admit, I'm as guilty as the rest of you when it comes to this. In this busy life we have, we just have to take the time to realize that even the guys who work the Drive Thru or in some office selling insurance need to be thanked for what they do.

Lest I be even more guilty, I should at least take the time here to thank all of you who come and read this, for whatever reason you may have. God help you if I'm anywhere near the top five on your bookmarks.

That's all I got for now, unless I sink deeper into smaltzy-feel-good thoughts. That's just not like me. I'll be back to being an asshole tomorrow.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Good god... I haven't seen you this 'smaltzy and feel good" in a long time...due you REALLY need to lay of the kid shows.....fag....

    ReplyDelete