Monday, May 15, 2006

Nut Flush.

Poker Night.

Some people thirst for it, some cringe at the thought of it.

Me, I'm kinda ambivalent towards it. I don't think I have great poker skills, so I don't overestimate myself. I'm one of those gamblers who looks at the money they spent and asks themselves if it was worth the time they had. So I lost 10 bucks. So what? I had a good time and drank some beers. And had a few laughs at other people's expense.

I'm a fan of the game, but I know I don't play it well. Watching me play poker is as frustrating as watching and epileptic kid try to feed himself pudding. Sure, some of it gets in, but is the mess made in the process really worth it? I think that's half the fun in playing, trying to convince others that you do or don't know what you are doing. You only lose when it's painfully obvious which one they've decided you are.

Needless to say the reason I'm posting is because I went out early. 3rd out of six isn't bad, at least for a guy my caliber. I had a good time and that's what counts. Good enough that I may go out again sometime.....

But not so good that I'm in a rush to do so.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment