Monday, April 03, 2006

Lost In My Own Backyard.

Had to go down Island today, not far, only the halfway mark.

I wasn't driving, but the person who was, a lifelong island resident, somehow got lost taking a shortcut.
How?
I have no fucking clue.
But my comment of " It's not a shortcut if it takes an extra hour" was not appreciated.

Go figure.

On the way back, I tried to be helpful.
Offered maps, directions, navigational assistance.
I was like a human Onstar right in the passenger seat.
Was it welcomed?
What do you think?

Driving all day can be either a very plesant or a very frustrating experiance.
I'll let you decide which one this was.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Me and the Boss occasionally drive places.

    We anticipate all but a shouting match, probability being a square function over time.

    We're not often disappointed.

    Nobody likes a smartalec, even if he's got the map.

    ReplyDelete