Monday, March 06, 2006

Spoiled.

I have a habit with The Boy.

If he's been good and behaved, after dinner we go for a walk and "talk". That is to say he points out things I would never have noticed and I make sure he doesn't lunge off the sidewalk and get hit by a car.

But I digress.

If it's raining, as it was today, we'll watch a movie before he goes to bed. (Yes, I'm training him young.) He watches Disney stuff, as befits his age, but lately I've been getting a bit put off by the movies.
You see, I've always been a big fan of animation. So when some of the Disney classics came out on DVD, I got them. I also have some of the newer, Pixar/Dreamworks stuff that's come out in the last while.
As a whole, I find that the Pixar/Dreamworks stories are better paced, better acted, and just all around better looking than the cell animation that has come before. It's almost to the point that when I ask which movie he wants to watch, I cringe if it's one of the older ones. I'm not saying that every computer generated movie is better than traditional animation, but it's not far off.
I'd rather watch The Incredibles than Lady & The Tramp. Shrek over Beauty & The Beast, and Finding Nemo over The Little Mermaid.
I know it's a little thing to bitch about, and that it's all really about what The Boy likes, but until I can get him to sit through Fight Club and Clerks, it's a legitimate bitch.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment