Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hearts And Thoughts.

Why is it that the things you like the best are invariably bad for you?

I use to love smoking. - Bad for you.
I love pastries and sweets. - Bad for you.
Excessive amounts of alcohol? - Bad for you.
Incredibly Active Libido? - Frowned upon.
Drinking 6 cups of coffee a day? - Bad for you.

Now once upon a time, all of these things were considered normal, or even healthy. Back in the early seventies (I've read,) a nutritious breakfast consisted of black coffee, toast, sausage, bacon, eggs, pancakes, and syrup so thick you could stand a fork in it. Top it all off with a shot of Bourbon and a smoke and you were ready to go to work for the day. While you were there you would have a three martini lunch and a tumble with the secretary, and at your yearly checkup your Doctor would proclaim you the picture of health.

What's missing from that picture nowadays?
Oh Yeah.
The fun.

Somehow, somewhere, some asshole sucked all the dirty, nasty fun out of life. Oh, you can try to recapture it, ( Believe me, I've tried) but I don't think the people of that time truly appreciated what they had.

There's no real solution to the problem, and you know what? I can't even begin to offer one.
I just figured that you would all love to know my thoughts and opinions on the subject.

After all, that's why you are here, isn't it?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment