Monday, February 13, 2006

Everybody's Doin' It.

-This is true love - you think this happens every day?

-If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.

- I was made for loving you, baby, you were made for loving me.

-It's not who you love, it's how.

-Did you see that shit? You call that romance?

-I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

Great Quotes, Great Movies. Good God, I'm glad I didn't go into books or music.

Yes, to-morrow is Valentines Day, that irrepressible holiday that is forced on us by a materialistic, consumer-driven society. Yippee.

Love is love. It has many shapes and many levels, and should not be pinned down to a single day. I know that others may differ from my opinion, but it's what I've come up with after all these years. To take something that can be so grand and cram it into a day of plastic trinkets and forced offerings seems shallow and trite.

Oh, don't get me started.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you there. It's impossible to box love and all its various meanings and definitions into one day. I don't think Valetine's even really promotes love and affection so much as it promotes the obligatory roses and chocolate. It's become stereotypical...I think this day is one of those "good in theory, bad in practice" situations. It was a good idea, but somehow it didn't really work out.

    ReplyDelete