Saturday, December 17, 2005

Talk The Talk.

I'm in a rut.

Lately all I do is work, eat, have some quality time with the family, sleep, and then start it all over again in the morning.
I'm digging the job right now, and I'm cool on hangin' with the Boy, but after going to Vancouver and then doing the staff party thing, I'm kinda in the mood to "stretch my legs". I think I just need some release, and to have some deep, meaningful conversation.

Gotcha, didn't I? Those of you who normally read this probably thought I was going to say deep meaningless sex. Well, that's not what this is about. I'd like to have a long, interesting conversation with someone who knows what they want to say. The Boy is great and all, but a thirty-minute chat about what that pile of Play-Dough looks like is starting to wear thin.

I'd love to talk about what's going on outside of the house, about things that are happening in the world, hell about almost anything, really. I'd even have a debate with one of those retards who refuse to say "Merry Christmas" this time of year.

I guess it's because of the holidays. Everyone is in a rush, you are sucked out of your usual routine, and all you have time for is inane chatter with people you normally wouldn't see, unless it was to testify at a paternity hearing.

So until this rush-about, bullshit filled season is over I'm gonna have to wait until the peeps are free and then grab a cup of Java at Timmy's. It's the only way to make it through. Good luck making the schedules work out, but hey, it'll happen eventually.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. If by stretching your legs you mean hookers and blow then count me in...if it also means coffee with the boys i'm into that too...but you are right you have been couped up a little longer than normal and the taste of freedom mixed with that of the sweet sweet alcohol...has just reminded you of what you mighht be missing. I for one am happy to help you with that! Bender road trip to Victoria anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, we're, um, egging strippers, right?

    If I'm well enough to leave the house, then I'm in.

    ReplyDelete