Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nothing Short Of World Domination.

Just heard (from Google News no less) that Google will possibly be opening up an E-Bay type of online marketplace. Am I excited? Meh. I don't think that Google will end up harming E-Bay in any way, I just want to see how they are going to pull it off.

I'm quite fascinated by Google. I love their search engine, (it's the only one I use) I use Gmail all the time and I have used Google Talk. I am amazed at how they go into an area that seems like everything that can be done has been done, and they come up with a new and exciting way to do it.
  • Yahoo Search Engine? - We'll do it better, cleaner, faster and more relevant.
  • MapQuest? - Screw that, it's all about GoogleMaps or Google Earth.
  • Hotmail? - Yeah I use it, but it's my garbage mail, I use Gmail for important, relevant stuff.
  • Cnn? - I just click on News on Google, which is my homepage.

I'm sure there's more and better explained reasons for why the things they do are heads and shoulders above the competition, but if it's technical stuff you want tot know about, ask Bish. I just know I like what I see.

Will I use the new Google marketplace? Probably not, as I'm not much into online shopping, but if and when I do, I'll give Google a shot. They haven't let me down yet.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the personalized google page too: put your news on there, but also put RSS feeds from blogs on there too. It's how I stay on top of your blog, after all.

    ReplyDelete